View Alfredo Tigolo III's profile on LinkedIn

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Network Building Test Cart

There is a "test cart" set aside to play with network configurations. I am still trying to get Windows 2003 Server through Microsoft Academic Alliance. Not sure about the legalities about using an Academic Alliance software for public use. I will need to contact or research Microsoft about it. The other route is to use a Linux Server. See other post regarding this.

I did managed to play with the current network installed in the office and configured it to share printers. They only have one printer in use now. I left a note for them and hope they will find it in great use in the future.

2 comments:

AlfredoT said...

There has been some comments on why this project is being delayed. The client (the church) is renovating a third building. Funds are being focused on getting that done first. The people renovating the building is wiring two buildings in the process, but the PCs are not there yet. There is only a lone server, but is only being used when I just want to learn about Windows 2000 Server.

I must get a written plan out to the church leader to give him an idea of what to expect. I was thinking going with small PCs about the size of a book to save space. But, we will see what they would like to decide.

AlfredoT said...

I have just obtained Windows 2003 Server and will get a key through Microsoft Academic Alliance. I will install this server software soon.